Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the LG G7 ThinQ
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your LG G7
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is blue when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the notification panel and tap Settings.
- In the Network tab, ensure Mobile data is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG G7 to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then tap Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your LG G7?
If your Device is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the LG G7 from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the LG G7.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G7 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.