Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the LG G6
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your LG G6
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Turn off Airplane mode displays, tap it to disable Airplane mode.
2. Verify your LG G6� is connected to the Sprint network using My Sprint App.
- Access My Sprint App.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Sprint network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap System Updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
3. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG G6 to the Sprint network.
- With your phone powered on, remove the battery.
- After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
4. Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your LG G6?
If your LG G6 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
5. Have you moved to the LG G6 from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the LG G6.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G6 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.