Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your device for the LG G6
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your LG G6
You may have low internal memory issues if your phone is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Unable to install applications
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues can arise when you have too many applications on your LG G6� or when you need to clear your application cache.
1. Use My Sprint App to verify if your phone has low memory.
2. Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
3. Tap Storage.
4. Refer to Available in the Overview section to determine if your phone has low memory.
2. Uninstall unused applications.
Sprint recommends that you uninstall unused applications when possible. It helps free up internal memory and can improve device performance.
Note: Your LG G6 comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall.
3. Move applications to the memory card.
By default, your LG G6 saves all applications to internal memory. To free up internal memory, you can move some applications to the memory card.
Note: Be sure your memory card has enough space to handle the transfer. You can also consider switching to a higher capacity memory card.
Move an application to the memory card.
Note: Some applications must remain on internal memory. If an application on the memory card malfunctions, move it back to your LG G6 internal memory.
4. Clear application cache.
- Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory.
- Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space.
- Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps.
- You may not be able to clear the cache for every application.
- Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward.
- Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
1.If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
2.If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
5. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
1. With your phone powered on, remove the battery.
2. After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
3. Turn your phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G6 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.