Troubleshoot issues related to email on your device for the LG G6
This article helps troubleshoot email issues on your LG G6
You may have email issues if you're unable to:
- Send emails
- Receive emails
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Swipe to and tap Settings.
- In the Networks tab, ensure Mobile data is ON.
2. Verify your LG G6 is connected to the Sprint network using My Sprint App.
- Access My Sprint App
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Sprint network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap System Updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
If your LG G6 still can't connect to data, troubleshoot data connectivity.
3. Verify that the email address and password are correct.
On your LG G6 web browser, navigate to your email provider's website and try to sign in to your email account.
If you're unable to sign in, double-check that you entered the correct username and password.
If you recently updated your email account password, you also have to update the email settings on your LG G6.
4. Double-check that you have set up your email account correctly on your LG G6.
Be sure that you've entered the exact settings for each email account you want to access. The instructions are different depending on the type of email account you're trying to set up.
- For a personal email address:
This is the most common scenario and includes all major public email providers such as Yahoo!�, Hotmail�, Gmail�, and AOL�.
- If you've already set up the email address on your LG G6, try removing it from your phone to delete any incorrect settings.
Removing your email account doesn't delete any of your emails, it only removes the link to your account for now. Remove an email account.
- For a business email address via Microsoft Exchange�:
Many companies provide a Microsoft Exchange email address to their employees.
Sprint recommends that you contact your IT department for the correct setup information. You'll need your server address, domain, username, and your corporate password.
After you have this information, set up the Microsoft Exchange account.
If your Exchange account still doesn't work, contact your corporate IT department for more help.
5. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG G6 to the Sprint network.
- Remove the battery. After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G6 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.