Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the LG G6
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your LG G6
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your LG G6 is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your LG G6?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your LG G6 is compatible with Bluetooth v4.1 and supports the following profiles:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Health Device Profile (HDP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Serial Port Profile (SPP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your LG G6 is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the LG G6 or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Swipe to and tap Settings.
- Tap the Networks tab.
- Tap the Bluetooth switch to ON if needed.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your LG G6, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key for about 10 seconds.
- Release the key when the phone restarts.
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your LG G6, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G6 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Sprint Customer Care