Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your device for the Kyocera DuraTR
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your Kyocera Ten 4
You may have low internal memory issues if your phone is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues can arise when you have too many applications on your Kyocera Ten 4.
Move files to the memory card.
By default, your Kyocera Ten 4 saves all files to internal memory. To free up internal memory, you can move some files to the memory card.
Note: Be sure your memory card has enough space to handle the transfer. You can also consider switching to a higher capacity memory card.
- From the home screen, press OK key.
- Scroll to Tools and press OK key.
- Scroll to File manager and press OK key.
- Scroll to desired file from the location.
- Press Options key.
- Scroll to Move or Copy and press OK key.
- Navigate to SD card location to move file(s).
- Within the location, press Options key.
- Scroll to Paste and press OK key.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory without erasing any of your content or data.
- Turn off the phone.
- Remove the battery.
- After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn the phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Ten 4 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care.