Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the HTC U11
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your HTC Ocean.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify your HTC Ocean is connected to the Sprint network .
Be sure your HTC Ocean is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.
- From the home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap System updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your HTC Ocean to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key. Ignore any prompts or other screen changes.
- Continue holding the Power key until your HTC Ocean turns off.
- Your device automatically turns back on.
- Test your phone to see if the issue is resolved.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your HTC Ocean?
If your HTC Ocean is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your HTC Ocean is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.