Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your device for the HTC U11
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your HTC Ocean.
You may have low internal memory issues if your device is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Unable to install applications
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues arise when you have too many applications on your HTC Ocean or when you need to clear your application cache.
Uninstall unused applications.
Sprint recommends that you uninstall unused applications when possible. It helps free up internal memory and can improve device performance.
Note: Your HTC Ocean comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall.
Move applications to the memory card.
By default, your HTC Ocean saves all applications to internal memory. To free up internal memory, you can move some applications to the memory card.
Note: Be sure your memory card has enough space to handle the transfer. You can also consider switching to a higher capacity memory card.
Clear application cache.
Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory.
Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space.
Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps.
You may not be able to clear the cache for every application.
Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward.
Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
- If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
- If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
- Press and hold the Power key, and then tap Power off to turn your HTC Ocean off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your HTC Ocean back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your HTC Ocean is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.