Troubleshoot issues related to apps on your device for the HTC U11
This article helps troubleshoot malfunctioning applications on your HTC Ocean.
You may have an unstable application if it:
- Doesn't open
- Crashes frequently
- Freezes or becomes unresponsive
- Displays error messages
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Press and hold the Power key, and then tap Power off to turn your HTC Ocean off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your HTC Ocean back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Clear application cache.
Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory.
Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space.
Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps.
You may not be able to clear the cache for every application.
Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward.
Try clearing your application cache first and test to see if that resolves your issue.
- If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
- If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
Clear application data.
Caution: When you clear application data, you're permanently deleting your user information, settings, high scores, credit card information, and other files that weren't downloaded originally.
When you clear application data, the application resets to look like the first time you opened it.
Uninstall and reinstall the application that isn't working.
A complete application uninstall removes all related files, settings, and data from your HTC Ocean. After the uninstall, reinstall it to try to fix any download errors and to be sure you have the latest software version of the application.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your HTC Ocean is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages or contact the application developer listed in the application description for more help.rer