Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the HTC 5G Hub
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your HTC 5G Hub
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your HTC 5G Hub is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Does your device you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your HTC 5G Hub?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your HTC 5G Hub is compatible with Bluetooth v4.2 and supports the following profiles:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Health Device Profile (HDP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Serial Port Profile (SPP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your HTC 5G Hub is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the HTC 5G Hub or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Connected devices.
- Tap Connection preferences.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the Bluetooth switch to ON if needed.
- Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your HTC 5G Hub, is about 30 feet. Be sure your devices are in range.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then tap Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
- Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your HTC 5G Hub, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your HTC 5G Hub is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.