Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the S48c
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your CAT S48c
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is black when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Network & Internet.
- Tap Mobile network.
- Ensure the Mobile data switch is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your CAT S48c to the Sprint network.
- Turn the device off by pressing the Power/Lock key.
- Tap Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the phone back on.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your CAT S48c?
If your CAT S48c is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the CAT S48c from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the CAT S48c.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your CAT S48c is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.