Troubleshoot issues related to the touchscreen on your device for the Apple iPhone Xs Max
This article helps troubleshoot the touchscreen not responding on your iPhone XS Max
You may have touchscreen issues if your phone:
- Screen doesn't respond to your touch
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify if your screen protector or protective case is interfering with the touchscreen.
Sometimes, the thickness or texture of a screen protector or the pressure of a protective case affects the touchscreen's performance.
Try removing any screen protector or case, and test to see if your issue is fixed.
Caution: Some screen protectors may not reapply properly.
Note: Use only iPhone XS Max compatible protective cases.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key and the Volume Up key at same time, then slide to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Identify if the operating system is affecting touchscreen functionality.
If these steps don't solve your issue, a broader performance issue may be the cause.
If possible, troubleshoot performance issues.
- Perform a hardware factory reset.
Note: A hardware factory reset will erase ALL information on the phone! Any information that is not backed up online will be PERMANENTLY LOST.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your iPhone XS Max is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.