Troubleshoot issues related to email on your device for the Apple iPhone X
This article helps troubleshoot email issues on your iPhone X
You may have email issues if you're unable to:
- Send emails
- Receive emails
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Cellular.
- Ensure that Cellular Data is enabled.
- Update device profile if unable to connect to Sprint network.
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- Dial ##873283#, then tap the Call button.
- Tap OK.
- When Service Update is complete, tap OK.
- Verify that the email address and password are correct.
- Double-check that you have set up your email account correctly on your iPhone X.
Be sure that you've entered the exact settings for each email account you want to access. The instructions are different depending on the type of email account you're trying to set up.
- For a personal email address:
This is the most common scenario and includes all major public email providers such as Yahoo!�, Hotmail�, Gmail�, and AOL�.
- For a business email address via Microsoft Exchange�:
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your iPhone X to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key and the Volume Up key at the same time, then slide to Power off.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
If your iPhone X still can't connect to data, troubleshoot data connectivity.
On your iPhone X web browser, navigate to your email provider's website and try to sign in to your email account.
If you're unable to sign in, double-check that you entered the correct username and password.
If you recently updated your email account password, you also have to update the email settings on your iPhone X.
Many companies provide a Microsoft Exchange email address to their employees.
Sprint recommends that you contact your IT department for the correct setup information. You'll need your server address, domain, username, and your corporate password.
After you have this information, set up the Microsoft Exchange account.
If your Exchange account still doesn't work, contact your corporate IT department for more help.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your iPhone X is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.