Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Apple iPhone 8 Plus
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your iPhone 8
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe up to the Control Center settings.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is orange when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Cellular.
- Ensure Cellular Data is enabled.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your iPhone 8 to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then slide to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your iPhone 8?
If your iPhone 8 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your iPhone 8 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.