Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your iPhone 11 Pro Max
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down from the top right hand corner of the screen to open the Control Center settings.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is orange when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Cellular.
- Ensure Cellular Data is enabled.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your iPhone 11 Pro Max to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key and the Volume down key at the same time, then slide to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your iPhone 11 Pro Max?
If your iPhone 11 Pro Max is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Phone 11 Pro Max is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.