Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your device for the Alcatel IDOL5 - Open Market
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your Alcatel Idol 5S
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Swipe down again to access the Quick Settings menu.
- If Airplane mode is enabled, tap to disable it.
Note: The icon is white when enabled.
2. Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, scroll down the Status bar.
- Tap Configuration.
- Scroll down and tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Network settings reset.
- Tap Reset Settings.
- Read the warning then tap Reset Settings again.
- Your phone will automatically reset all network settings.
3. Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your Alcatel Idol 5S has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage on the Sprint coverage map.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue, but does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn the device off by pressing the Power key.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn the phone back on.
5. Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same issue in the same location?
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Alcatel Idol 5 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.