Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the Alcatel IDOL5 - Open Market
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your Alcatel Idol 5S
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your Alcatel Idol 5 is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone that you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Alcatel Idol 5S?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Alcatel Idol 5S is compatible with Bluetooth v4.2 and supports:
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Alcatel Idol 5S is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Alcatel Idol 5S or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- To turn Bluetooth on, tap the Bluetooth switch to On.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Alcatel Idol 5S , is about 30 feet. Be sure your phone is in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue, but does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn the device off by pressing the Power key.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn the phone back on.
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Alcatel Idol 5S, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Alcatel Idol 5S is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.