Apple iTunes Guide
This method transfers:
- Text Messages
- Call History
Before you begin:
- Upgrade your new iPhone to the most current iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software Update and follow the prompts to complete the update. Your new iPhone must match or be on a higher version than your current phone in order to transfer content.
- If the NEW iPhone was already set-up before transferring any content, start over by erasing the phone. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Make sure there’s enough storage for your content on your new iPhone. (We recommend keeping content on iCloud to reduce what you store on your phone).
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your desktop and grab your USB cable for both phones.
- Unpair your Apple Watch from your current phone.
- Check that both phones are fully charged or connected to a power source.
Need more help? Learn about your new device features and connect to your accessories with an easy to follow guide.