iPhone Migration Guide
This method transfers:
- App settings
- Apple Watch data & settings
- Messages (text, MMS, iMessages)
- Media (pictures, videos, music)
- Call history
- iPhone settings
Before you begin:
- Unpair your Apple Watch from your current phone to auto create a current watch backup.
- Upgrade your new iPhone to the most current iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software Update and follow the prompts to complete the update. Your new iPhone must match or be on a higher version than your current phone in order to transfer content.
- Check that both phones are at least half charged or connected to a power source.
- Make sure there’s enough storage for your content on your new iPhone. We recommend keeping content on iCloud to reduce what you store on your phone.
Need more help? Learn about your new device features and connect to your accessories with an easy to follow guide.