Sprint Upgrade Policy
Last Updated: July 9, 2020
Once you're ready to upgrade your device, Sprint has several great options for eligible customers. You can determine your upgrade status at any time by visiting sprint.com/upgrade. We have listed your upgrade options below and also have provided some general terms of our program.
Here are the ways you can upgrade with Sprint (Note: All accounts must be in good standing without any past-due, unpaid balances):
Once you've completed your Lease term and all of your payments are paid in full, you're eligible to enter into a new Lease. You will need to turn in your current, good-functioning device and enter into a new Lease Agreement. An Upgrade Support Charge of up to $20 may apply. To learn more about our Lease program, please visit sprint.com/lease. At the end of any lease term, you are required to turn in your current device or purchase your device.
Sprint Installment Agreement
Once your Installment Agreement has been paid in full, you are eligible to upgrade to a new device. An Upgrade Support Charge of up to $20 may apply. To learn more, visit sprint.com/easypay.
Business Accountsorporate-sponsored (company-paid) business accounts that qualify for Business Device Flat Pricing or contract renewal service credit offers may not be eligible for this offer. Customers' eligibility date is set at the time a device offer is given. A Sprint Service Plan is your base monthly plan; it does not include monthly taxes, surcharges or charges for add-on features and services. Savings will be provided through a mail-in rebate via reward card and/or instant savings and is only available on select Sprint devices with a current rebate offer. See sprint.com for details on current Sprint device rebates. Savings cannot exceed the total purchase price of the Sprint device. Not redeemable for cash and not transferable. Customer must meet the promotional requirements as stated here and on the mail-in rebate form. Account must be in good standing with no past due unpaid balances. New Sprint devices and devices activated under the Sprint Upgrade Program must remain active during the time the rebate is being processed (approximately eight weeks). The promotion rebate offers are subject to change at any time. Instant discounts and/or mail-in rebates may not be available in all locations.
General Upgrade Terms and Conditions
- For all Installment and Lease Agreements, the line associated with the device is required to maintain an eligible service plan with the device. If service is cancelled, any remaining unpaid balance becomes due immediately.
- Current customers who have fulfilled their Service Agreement, Installment Agreement or Lease Agreement and are eligible to upgrade can try their new device for 14 days. Customers who upgrade their device before the end of their Installment or Lease Agreement, including as part of a "Forever" program, can exchange a device within 14 days but cannot return the device. See sprint.com/returns for more details. Customers who upgraded from a discounted device before the end of their Service Agreement and have chosen to return their device within the eligible period will be returned to their prior contract status and will be subject to any prior Service Agreement.
- After your next upgrade, it could take 1-3 months for your upgrade eligibility to reflect the correct eligibility date(s).
- Please note that these upgrade options are not available in all Sprint channels and only certain devices may be eligible.
- Sprint may assign your Lease or Installment Agreement. After the assignment, Sprint will (for the benefit of you and the assignee) pay off or settle your remaining balance on your pre-upgrade Lease or Installment Agreement in full either in cash or by transferring your new upgraded Lease or Installment Agreement to the assignee. After we do that, you will only be responsible for making payments under your new Lease or Installment Agreement. Until that happens, you will still be responsible for your pre upgrade agreement, and any payments you make will be applied first against your pre-upgrade Lease or Installment agreement balance but will satisfy both your pre-upgraded agreement and your new agreement; so, you will not be double billed.
- Sprint may change or terminate this program at any time at Sprint's sole discretion. In the unlikely event that a bankruptcy or similar proceeding is instituted by or against Sprint, your ability to upgrade under the Sprint Upgrade Program will automatically terminate.