Last updated March 29, 2017
Personal information does not include information that is not used to identify you, including aggregate or anonymous information. Our collection, access, use, disclosure and safeguarding of your personal information is subject to U.S. law.
Use of personal information
Information we share
Network and information security
Information choices and changes
Updating this policy
Your California privacy rights
We collect personal information about you in various ways. We may also get information from other sources, including from affiliates, and may combine it with information we collect about you.
Information you give us. The personal information we collect includes information you give us, such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, social security number or other government identification number, demographics, activities, location information, and personal preferences. You may give us information in a variety of ways, including when you sign up for Services, communicate with customer care or register on www.sprint.com.
Information that we automatically collect. We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you use our Services. We may collect information about your device such as the type, operating system details, signal strength, whether it is on and how it is functioning, as well as information about how you use the device and services available through it, such as your call and data usage and history, your location, web sites you have visited, applications purchased, applications downloaded or used, and other similar information. In addition, when you visit our website, we may collect information contained in HTTP headers such as IP addresses, information about your web browser, the pages you viewed and your history of navigating to a page.
Back to top
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including providing you with Services. We use your personal information to do things like:
- Process your orders.
- Protect our rights and property and those of our customers.
- Respond to legal process and emergencies.
- Develop or inform you of new products and services.
- Anonymize or aggregate personal information for various purposes like market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting.
- Monitor, evaluate or improve our products, Services, systems, or networks.
- Customize or personalize your experience with our Services.
- Customize or personalize online advertising that provides you information about products and services of Sprint or others that may interest you, including co-branded offers.
Back to top
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share information that is de-identified or in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you.
For example, we share de-identified information as part of our participation in programs such as the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op and LiveRamp's Connectivity Services to better understand how you use our websites and apps across the various devices you use. This enables us to deliver tailored promotions and customize your experience when you visit our sites.
- Visit https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com to learn more about the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op, including how to manage your choices relating to this linking of devices.
- Visit https://liveramp.com/privacy/ to learn more about LiveRamp's Connectivity Services. You can also opt out of having your information collected as part of this program by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
We also share de-identified or aggregate information for purposes such as to:
- Conduct market or traffic flow analysis and reporting or produce or facilitate production by others of business and marketing reports to share with third parties. For example, we may aggregate customer information across a particular region and create a report showing that 10,000 subscribers from a given city visited a sports stadium. If you do not wish for us to use your information to produce de-identified and aggregated data sets in the reports we share with third parties, you may opt out at any time. Click here for details.
- With your opt-in consent only, customize or personalize advertising based on information we collect about your use of your wireless device in order to provide wireless service to you. For example, we may use information about your mobile web browsing or use of mobile applications to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, and we may share de-identified information about your use of your device with third parties so that they can tailor advertising to your interests based on that information. To participate in this program, you must opt in. Click here for details on how to do so.
We do not share information that identifies you personally with third parties other than as follows:
Affiliates. We may share personal and non-personal information with affiliated entities for approved business purposes. The data may include credit-related, payment history and transactional information. View Sprint's Financial Privacy Notice on sprint.com/privacy or by clicking here.
Service Providers. We may share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
Group Account Holders. We offer group accounts to business and government customers, family customers and other group account holders ("Group Accounts"). The account holder for Group Accounts is the entity or person that buys the service or product for its employees, family members or other authorized users. You (as the user of a device) may receive service, certain pricing, terms or other benefits through a Group Account with us. If so, we may share with that Group Account holder customer registration and other information related to your use of our services.
Relationship, Discount, and Reward Programs. We may share limited personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, account status/active or inactive, membership number) with non-Sprint entities when you sign up for a discount or reward program, including when you sign up for a service discount through the Sprint Discount Program, for eligibility verification, fulfillment, and administrative purposes.
Third Party Verification Services. We may share limited personal information (e.g., address, phone number) with non-Sprint entities to assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft.
Other Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share information with other third parties with your consent. For example, you may agree to our sharing your information with other third parties to hear about their products and services. Use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties' separate privacy policies. This may include sharing information collected in connection with financial products or services, such as installment billing. View Sprint's Financial Privacy Notice at sprint.com/privacy.
Business Transfers. Personal information about you may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset.
Protection of Sprint and Others. We may access, monitor, use or disclose your personal information or communications to do things such as:
- comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process;
- respond to emergencies;
Back to top
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These safeguards help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Be sure to use a strong password to access your information on Sprint.com and not one you use for other services. You can learn more about how you can protect your information by reviewing our privacy FAQs.
Back to top
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
In addition to the choices we offer you in the INFORMATION WE SHARE section above relating to de-identified data and your financial data, we offer you the following choices regarding your information:
Marketing Contacts. We offer you choices regarding how we contact you for marketing-related communications.
- You may register a do-not-contact request by calling Sprint customer care or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. View Sprint’s Do Not Contact Practices here.
- If you register a do-not-contact request, we still may contact you for non-promotional purposes, such as emails or wireless messages related to your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. If you disable cookies on your Internet browser, you also may stop some collection and use of data when you visit our web sites.
Account Information. If you would like to change certain Sprint account information, you may create an online account and manage your account online. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
Back to top
You must be 18 or otherwise have legal capacity to subscribe to Sprint services. Nevertheless, as part of the Unlimited, My Way Student Promotion, a parent or legal guardian may provide a Sprint device to a child under the age of 13. In such cases, Sprint takes steps to minimize the data it collects from Sprint applications on the device and provides parents resources to control the information children can share with other parties. In some instances, a parent may be able to review or request deletion of the personal information collected from a child's device, or take steps to prevent further collection of such information. If you have any questions about Sprint's policies for student phones or about how to control the information collected on them from users under 13, or if you wish to correct or delete any personal information provided to Sprint on a student phone used by a child under 13, you can contact us using the contact information below. You may also control the content your child may access by logging into sprint.com/manage, and reviewing the My Preferences tab.
Sprint allows children under 13 to participate in the Pokémon GO Mobile Trainer Rewards program with their parent or guardian’s consent. When a visitor under 13 attempts to register for Sprint’s Pokémon GO Mobile Trainer Rewards program, we will ask for a parent or guardian email address in order to provide program details and seek parental consent for the child to participate. Detailed information about the program can be found here.
If you believe your child is participating in Sprint’s Pokémon GO Mobile Trainer Rewards program without your consent, please feel free to contact us using the contact information below. A valid request to delete a child’s personal information will be accommodated within a reasonable time.
Back to top
If you have any questions or complaints that concern this Policy, please call us at Sprint or email us at email@example.com. If you prefer, you also may write us at Office of Privacy -Legal Department, Sprint, P.O. Box 4600, Reston, Virginia 20195. To send us a legal notice relating to this Policy, send it to Our Legal Notices Address listed in, and by the method specified in, the Acceptable Use Policy.
Back to top
UPDATING THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy at any time. When we change the Policy we will give notice by changing the date it was last updated or as required by law.
Back to top
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Sprint shares personal information between Sprint affiliates and marketing agents for marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own independent marketing purposes without your consent. California residents may request the categories of personal information Sprint shared with third-parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, if any. To make your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written requests may be sent to the Office of Privacy -Legal Department, Sprint, P.O. Box 4600 Reston, VA 20195. Sprint will respond to these requests within 30 days. Requests that come to Sprint by other means may result in a delayed response.
Back to top
Back to top