Sprint Return and Exchange Policy
Return your device for a refund
We love our products and services, and we think you will, too. With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your new device for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your device, return your device and any accessories sold with the device in good, working condition to your original place of purchase (unless indicated otherwise below), and contact us within 14 days of activation (or within 14 days of purchase for devices purchased with no service) to deactivate service.
For discounted devices, Sprint will:
- Refund the device purchase price and
- Waive any applicable Early Termination Fee (ETF)
- Failure to return a discounted device or failure to cancel the associated line of service within the 14-day Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee period will result in being charged an Early Termination Fee of up to $350/line for advanced devices and up to $200/line for other devices. See sprint.com/etf for more details on Early Termination Fees
For devices purchased under a monthly installment agreement, Sprint will:
- Refund or credit any payments, including any applicable taxes and surcharges, made towards the cost of your device, less any applicable fees, and waive your remaining unpaid balance.
- Failure to return the device will result in any outstanding installment billing balance being accelerated
- Customers who return their device via mail will be billed the remaining device balance due under their installment billing agreement. These charges will be credited when the device is received and processed by Sprint.
- Customers who purchased their device on sprint.com or by phone must return their device through a Sprint Retail store. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator.
For Sprint Lease℠ devices, Sprint will:
- Refund or credit any payments, including any applicable taxes and surcharges, made towards the cost of your device, less any applicable fees, and waive your remaining unpaid lease payments.
- Failure to return a Sprint Lease℠ device will result in any outstanding lease payments being accelerated and being charged the device end-of-lease purchase option amount
- Leased devices cannot be returned by mail and must be returned to their original place of purchase or, if purchased online or by phone, must be returned to a Sprint Retail store. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator.
Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges) and applicable charges and/or fees (including but not limited to Spending Limit Program Charge, Paper Bill Fee, Detail Bill Fee) on a prorated basis. Additionally, a restocking fee of $45 for applicable devices may apply. If the product is returned in its original unopened packaging or has not been activated, no restocking fee will be applied. If service is canceled within 3 days of activation, the activation fee will be refunded as a credit on your account.
Customers with an iPhone 4S, or later model are required to reset or wipe their device prior to returning or exchanging it. On the device choose: Settings > General > Reset >Erase All Content & Settings to complete this action.