Sprint Return and Exchange Policy
Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
The return policies and information below apply to Sprint postpaid customers. For return policies and information for Sprint Forward customers, click here.
We are so confident you will love Sprint, with our Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try us for a full 14 days.
For new lines activating on or after 1/6/17, we'll let you try out Sprint for 14 days, and if you aren't 100 percent satisfied, we'll refund your device purchase and cost of service! Simply return your device in good, working condition to your original place of purchase and contact us to deactivate service within 14 days of activation, and Sprint will:
- Refund the device purchase price and any down payment, as well as any installment billing or lease payments made to date
- Refund your service charges (including any monthly recurring charges, Activation Fee, and all associated taxes and fees) and
- Waive any Early Termination Fees, any remaining installment billing balance, or any remaining unpaid lease payments
Customers are responsible for any out-of-plan usage, such as but not limited to downloads, overage, international charges, and any related taxes and surcharges.
To take advantage of our extended 14-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, visit a Sprint store, shop at sprint.com or call 1-800-SPRINT1 today!
Customers upgrading or exchanging a device or purchasing accessories are still covered under our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee policy below.
Return Your Device for a Refund
We love our products and services, and we think you will, too. With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your new device for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your device, return your device and any accessories sold with the device in good, working condition to your original place of purchase (unless indicated otherwise below), and contact us within 14 days of activation (or within 14 days of purchase for devices purchased with no service) to deactivate service.
For discounted devices, Sprint will:
- Refund the device purchase price and
- Waive any applicable Early Termination Fee (ETF)
- Failure to return a discounted device or failure to cancel the associated line of service within the 14-day Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee period will result in being charged an Early Termination Fee of up to $350/line for advanced devices and up to $200/line for other devices. See sprint.com/etf for more details on Early Termination Fees
For devices purchased under a monthly installment agreement, Sprint will:
- Refund or credit any payments, including any applicable taxes and surcharges, made towards the cost of your device, less any applicable fees, and waive your remaining unpaid balance.
- Failure to return the device will result in any outstanding installment billing balance being accelerated
- Customers who return their device via mail will be billed the remaining device balance due under their installment billing agreement. These charges will be credited when the device is received and processed by Sprint.
- Customers who purchased their device on sprint.com or by phone must return their device through a Sprint Retail store. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator.
For Sprint Lease℠ devices, Sprint will:
- Refund or credit any payments, including any applicable taxes and surcharges, made towards the cost of your device, less any applicable fees, and waive your remaining unpaid lease payments.
- Failure to return a Sprint Lease℠ device will result in any outstanding lease payments being accelerated and being charged the device end-of-lease purchase option amount
- Leased devices cannot be returned by mail and must be returned to their original place of purchase or, if purchased online or by phone, must be returned to a Sprint Retail store. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator.
Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges) and applicable charges and/or fees (including but not limited to Spending Limit Program Charge, Paper Bill Fee, Detail Bill Fee) on a prorated basis. Additionally, a restocking fee of $75 for netbooks, notebooks and tablets and $35 for other devices may apply. If the product is returned in its original unopened packaging or has not been activated, no restocking fee will be applied. If service is canceled within 3 days of activation, the activation fee will be refunded as a credit on your account.
Customers with an iPhone 4S, or later model are required to reset or wipe their device prior to returning or exchanging it. On the device choose: Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings to complete this action.
Existing Customers Upgrading a Device
Existing customers who have fulfilled their Service Agreement, installment billing agreement, or lease agreement and are eligible to upgrade can also try their new device for 14 days.
- Monthly installment and lease customers who upgrade their device before the end of their installment billing agreement or lease agreement (e.g., a customer exercising an early upgrade option) may exchange their device within the 14-day Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee period per the exchange policy below, but cannot return their device.
- Customers who upgraded from a discounted device before the end of their Service Agreement and have chosen to return their device within the eligible period will be returned to their prior contract status and will be subject to any prior Service Agreement.
Per the terms of Sprint's Buyback and Givebackpolicies, Sprint cannot ensure that Sprint will be able to return your old device. You can select the best plan for you from our current price plan options (your previous service plan may no longer be available to you).
Change Your Device Purchasing Method
Happy with your device but decided you'd rather change how you pay it? If you wish to change your device purchase method (e.g., from lease to monthly installment agreement) but want to keep the phone you purchased, you may do so within 14 days of device activation, but only at a Sprint Company-Owned Retail Store. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator. Customers who change their device purchase method may be required to sign a new contract, lease or installment agreement.
Please note, you cannot switch from an monthly installment agreement or lease to a 2-year Service Agreement.
Exchange your device for a different one.
So you just purchased a brand new Sprint product and it's not quite what you expected. Too big. Too small. Not quite the right color red. No sweat. You've got options. As long as you're within our 14-day Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee period, you can exchange your device for a different one.
Just bring your original device back to the original place of purchase or call us and we'll help you find a product that better meets your needs.
A restocking fee of $75 for netbooks, notebooks and tablets and $35 for other devices may apply. If the product is returned in its original unopened packaging or has not been activated, no restocking fee will be applied.
You may exchange an item only once during the initial 14-day period. An exchange does not extend the 14-day period.
Sprint customers purchasing a device under a monthly installment agreement or Sprint Lease℠ customers who wish to exchange to a different device must return the original device and may be required to execute a different installment billing agreement or lease agreement. All device purchasing or financing options may not be available when exchanging for a different device. Exchanges cannot be processed through the mail; you must go back to the original place of purchase. Customers who purchased via sprint.com or by phone must go into a Sprint-owned retail store to exchange devices. If you’re unable to visit a Store call Sprint for more information. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator.
Customers can also try their accessories for 14 days.
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your accessory, return or exchange it within 14 days of purchase, and we'll refund the purchase price, including any applicable taxes and surcharges. Note: a $35 restocking fee may apply if the original packaging has been opened.
Want to return some accessories and hold on to others, but you purchased them all under an installment billing agreement? No problem. Customers who have purchased accessories under a monthly installment agreement have two choices in handling the return of less than all the accessories covered under their installment agreement. Simply choose the one that works best for you.
- Return all the accessories and Sprint will refund or credit any payments, including any applicable taxes and surcharges, made towards the cost of your accessories, less any applicable fees, and waive your remaining unpaid balance. Then simply enter into a new installment agreement for the existing accessories you already have and want to keep (you will not receive new accessories).
- Return only the accessories you don't want. Sprint will refund or credit any down payment amounts and taxes and surcharges applicable to the returned accessories and knock any remaining installment billing balance associated with the returned accessories off the back of your installment billing agreement. Your monthly payment amount stays the same, but you owe that much less to pay off your installment billing balance!
Other limitations and fees
Accessories or phone purchases may not be able to take advantage of promotional pricing when returned or exchanged.
Insurance replacement devices will not be accepted in lieu of the original device in any return or exchange and replacement devices are not eligible for a refund.
Refunds may exclude any instant discounts received at purchase or charges for shipping or deposit.
For cash purchases in a Sprint-owned retail store, we will refund in cash up to $175 (subject to available cash in store). For refunds greater than $175, we will issue a check within 14 business days.
If you paid by check, we will issue a check within 14 business days after your check clears.
If your account was billed, we'll credit the amount back to that account within 10 business days from receipt of the product at our warehouse. The device credit will appear on your next one to two billing statements based on the timing of your billing cycle.
Please note that these policies may not reflect the return policies of our authorized third-party dealers or retailers. If you are returning a device leased through Apple Finance Services (AFS), call AFS at 1-800-216-4384.
Sprint reserves the right to deny or terminate service to prevent multiple returns or exchanges under the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you cancel service pursuant to the return policy for your product, you are required to return your device and will no longer be eligible for any associated mail-in rebates.
If you cancel service after the 14-day return policy period, any remaining unpaid balance on the device becomes due immediately.
Replacement devices provided as part of an advanced exchange that are not returned within 10 days of receipt of the replacement product may be subject to a product non-return fee of up to $500.
For any product purchased through a Buy One, Get One (BOGO) offer, all products must be returned/exchanged to receive a refund or comparable exchange. Each item exchanged may be subject to the restocking fee, except where prohibited.
Gift cards and iTunes cards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned or exchanged (except as required by law).
Replacements and repair
If you are exchanging a replacement device provided to you by Sprint and not through Asurion or another third party, call the following numbers for exchange:
Sprint devices (888-211-4727 or *2); PowerSource devices (866-398-0455).
If you received a replacement device through our Total Equipment Protection Program, your device may be eligible for exchange if defective by contacting Asurion at 800-584-3666.
Find more information here regarding Phone Repair and Protection.