The Sprint Getaway Giveaway Sweepstakes ended on 3/10/17.
Thanks for participating in our sweepstakes!
Grand Prize Winner:
P. Roundtree, Miami, FL
Secondary Prize Winners:
N. Hess, Boston, MA
C. Hanson, Kansas City, MO
T. Simmons, NY, NY
D. Waite, Plymouth, MA
K. Hall, Spokane, WA
K. Kerekes, Grand Forks, ND
K. Coad, Indianapolis, IN
M. Senter, Peyton, CO
R. Rivera Rosario, Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
V. Bongiovanni, Hemet, CA
J. Serafin, Austin, TX
J. Foster, Ft. Worth, TX
M. Macias, Springfield, VA
N. Griesbach, Fond Du Lac, WI
R. Lally, Merkel, TX
Robert Costagliola, Stamford, CT
J. Duong, Christiansburg, VA
M. Meeks, Dawsonville, GA
K. Moxley, Canfield, OH
J. Ripley, Rochester, MN
SPRINT GETAWAY GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
- ELIGIBILITY: 2017 Sprint Getaway Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and who are Sprint wireless customers in good standing with service starting on or before December 24, 2016. Employees of Sprint Communications Company L.P., or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sprint Communications Company L.P. (the “Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
ENTRY PERIODS: The Sweepstakes begins on February 24, 2017, 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on March 10, 2017, 11:59:59 PM ET. Entries are only valid during this period. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as a 24-hour period, beginning at 12:00:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET except for the first day of the Sweepstakes where a day is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 PM ET (noon) and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET. The Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Sweepstakes and will solely determine the time by which an entry is received.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter (collectively “Entry”):
- ONLINE ENTRY FORM: Visit www.sprint.com/getaway, complete the online entry form, and click the “submit” button. Once you submit the entry form, you will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void. There is a limit of one online Entry per person and wireless phone number per day.
- TWITTER: To enter the sweepstakes through Twitter, a user must tweet an image with #SprintGetawaySweepstakes telling us where you want to take a trip to experience our network. There is a limit of one Twitter Entry per person per day. Customer must be following @Sprint or @SprintLatino on Twitter.
Tweet must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or constitutes copyright infringement; not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes; not promote any cause other than the Sweepstakes’ theme; not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous (as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion); and not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age (as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion) (all of the foregoing prohibited material is “Ineligible Content”).
There is a limit of one online Entry and one Twitter Entry per person per day (for a maximum of two entries per person per day). Any entries that contain Ineligible Content or attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void.
- DRAWING: On or about March 15, 2017, the Sponsor will select the potential winners for each Prize in a random drawing of all eligible Entries received for the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners on or about March 22, 2017. For Twitter Entries, it is a potential winner’s responsibility to set his/her account to accept Twitter Direct Messages by Sponsor and/or Follow @Sprint or @SprintLatino to receive Twitter Direct Messages by Sponsor and to timely check his/her account for any Twitter Direct Messages from Sponsor to receive and therefore claim a prize. If a potential does not respond within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries, or may elect to not award the prize.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email address or Twitter account, the authorized subscriber of the email account or email account used to register on Twitter at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void his/her Entry) it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or website, intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or any of its representatives or to otherwise be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
- REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: A potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within five days of being notified. The Grand Prize winner will also be required to complete and return an IRS Form W-9 and furnish his/her Social Security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the Winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the required documentation within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
- PRIZES: The prizes and Approximate Retail value (“ARV”) will be as follows:
GRAND PRIZE — One potential winner will receive: 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles (“AA Miles Prize”) (ARV $1990), $2000 in spending money (ARV $2000) (awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner), a Samsung J3 Emerge (ARV $168), and a check made payable to the winner in the amount of 30% of the prize to assist with covering taxes (ARV: $1247.40). ARV of Grand Prize: $5405.40.
SECONDARY PRIZES — Twenty potential winners will receive a Samsung J3 Emerge Smartphone (ARV: $168 each)
Total ARV of all prizes: $8765.40.
Wireless service is NOT INCLUDED with any of the devices. Any and all fees and costs associated with the device activation is the sole responsibility of the winner. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of any prize. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months’ notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage Million MilerSM status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit aa.com/aadvantage.
AA Miles Prize terms and conditions American Airlines AAdvantage® miles may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle® service, oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage®participating airlines), car rentals, hotel stays, and other awards available at AA.com/redeem. If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation, winner(s) is/are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winner(s) is/are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges, or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local, and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the AA Miles Prize. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $240 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than 21 days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage®Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum, and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $40.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center, or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage® award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, AAirpass®tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees, and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each winner, or may be provided in the form of a Certificate as set forth below, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this Sweepstakes will not count toward elite status qualification, AAdvantage Million MilerSM status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage®program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights), or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months’ notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. The Released Parties are not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Flight schedules subject to change without notice. If AAdvantage® miles are sent to the Winner in the form of a Certificate: Certificate is not redeemable for cash. Certificate may not be transferred, purchased, sold, or bartered. Only original Certificates will be honored. Certificate is void if reproduced, altered, counterfeited, obtained, or used improperly. Lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed Certificates will not be replaced by American Airlines. Determination of income tax liability on mileage Certificates and AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the holder. The holder of the Certificate has only the limited right to surrender same to American Airlines in accordance with rules and conditions stated herein for crediting of mileage by American Airlines and subject to all AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Certificate must be deposited online at www.depositAAmiles.com to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner. Mileage credit can be deposited only once on or before the expiration date. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits, and special offers are subject to government regulations. For complete depositAAmiles program details, visit www.depositAAmiles.com. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- WARRANTIES AND CONSENTS: By completing and submitting an entry, you: (a) represent and warrant that (i) you have read, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rule per the instructions included in the Sweepstakes tweet and any applicable policies or procedures posted by Twitter, (ii) based on the Official Rules, you are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, and (iii) all of the information provided as part of your entry is accurate, does not violate any third party’s legal rights (including without limitation rights of privacy and publicity), and otherwise does not violate applicable law; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for promotional purposes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; and (c) agree to be bound by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (d) acknowledge that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Twitter, Sponsor, American Airlines, Inc., their respective parent(s), subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 2017 Sprint Getaway Giveaway Sweepstakes, Attn: Sprint, 6220 Sprint Parkway, Office 3C374, Overland Park, KS 66251. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes. The list will be sent when the drawing has been conducted and the winners verified. VT residents omit postage.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with American Airlines, Inc., or Twitter and their names and logos are registered trademarks of each.
Trademarks: American Airlines, American Eagle, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Million Miler, MileSAAver, the Flight Symbol logo, and the Tail Design are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
© 2017 Sprint Corp. All rights reserved.