- Available space is less and varies due to many factors. A standard configuration uses approximately 10GB to 12GB of space (including iOS and preinstalled apps) depending on the model and settings. Preinstalled apps use about 4GB, and you can delete these apps _and restore them.
- The display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 5.85 inches (iPhone XS), 6.46 inches (iPhone XS Max), 6.06 inches (iPhone XR), _or 5.85 inches (iPhone X) diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
- Display size is measured diagonally.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions; iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes); and iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and iPhone XR have a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance _are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
- Qi wireless chargers sold separately.
- Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Data plan required. Gigabit-class LTE, LTE Advanced, LTE, and VoLTE are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier _and see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE.
- All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. _See www.apple.com/batteries and www.apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2018 using preproduction iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (30W Model A1882 and 87W Model A1719). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2017 using preproduction iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (29W Model A1540, 61W Model A1718, and 87W Model A1719). Fast-charge testing conducted _with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
- eSIM will be available later this year through a software update. Use of eSIM requires a wireless service plan (which may include restrictions on switching service providers and roaming, even after contract expiration). Not all carriers support eSIM. Use of eSIM in iPhone may be disabled when purchased from some carriers. See your carrier for details. To learn more, visit www.support.apple.com/kb/HT209044.
A portion of the proceeds from every (PRODUCT)REDTM purchase will go to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.
iPhone XR has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. iPhone XR is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.